The infamous strip of movie satin is known to bring out the best and worst dresses from here to Timbuktu. The classic fashion hits and misses on the world’s most glitzy rug also get punctuated by some fairly shocking moments.
10 “Papa” John Schattner at the CMAs
Schattner was photographed wearing his trademark Papa John’s attire and sporting a box of his delicious pizza.
9 Oliver Stone and Salma Hayek
Stone will always be remembered for his poignant biopics. Now his legacy can be even more risque due to his tenacious pawing at the chest of Ms. Hayek.
8 Mary Murphy at the Read the rest of this entry »
There was an internet poll conducted recently to see what movie trends were in style this year. Turns out the Apocalypse is what’s in, these days. Among the many sites that were cited, one for DIRECTV Utah, was used and after examining their movie channel guide, it became clear that the trend for Hollywood was, indeed, the end of the world.
Not really that hard to believe when you stop and think about what’s been coming out, lately. Oblivion, featuring Tom Cruise, was a post-apocalyptic adventure on a ravaged Earth. After Earth featured father-son acting duo, Will and Jaden Smith, as father-son characters trying to survive on a hostile alien world – Earth post-humanity. There was even a family film called the Croods which was about a group of cavemen trying to outrun and outlive the end of the world.
There are lots of different reasons people have put forward as to why the end of all things seems to fascinate us so. Some of them are pretty interesting while others are downright strange.
Here’s hoping Hollywood picks up a more optimistic trend this coming year. Movies are supposed to be an ENTERTAINING escape from reality – not a SOBERING one.
Acting is such an objective art that it is always going to be difficult to determine the best actor in Hollywood. While you can make a logical argument for several actors being the best in the business, there is clearly one actor that has separated himself from the rest of the pack.
If anyone is looking to name the best actor in Hollywood, then they have to pick Daniel Day-Lewis. He has won the Academy Award for Best Actor for “My Left Foot,” “There Will Be Blood” and “Lincoln.” Read the rest of this entry »
Every few years, some group comes out with a list of the all-time best movies. There’s always some variation between the group’s selections, because it’s so difficult to narrow down the all-time best movies with so many to choose from. Here is our list of the top 20 movies of all time for today’s audience.
1. The Godfather (1972, Francis Ford Coppola)
2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994, Frank Derabont)
3. Pulp Fiction (1994, Quentin Tarantino)
4. The Godfather Part II (1974, Francis Ford Coppola)
5. Rear Window (1954, Alfred Hitchcock)
6. Fight Club (1999, David Fincher)
7. Casablanca (1942, Michael Curtiz)
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975, Milos Forman)
9. Citizen Kane (1941, Orson Read the rest of this entry »
People think that Hollywood is all about beauty, fashion, money, and glamour. However, behind all those things, Hollywood is filled with scandals that have ruined the reputation of many famous celebrities. I have compiled a short list of the top three Hollywood scandals that have happened in the past.
1. Michael Jackson – I am certain that there are millions of fans who love and adore Michael Jackson. However, in 1993, he was put on trial because he supposedly molested a young boy in his Neverland Ranch. Through the years, Read the rest of this entry »
People always say that “Life is indeed stranger than fiction.” When it comes to murders in Hollywood, I could not agree with this saying more. Below, I have made a list of the top five most shocking Hollywood murders.
1. Elizabeth Short – If you are looking for the most popular and shocking murder in Hollywood, she is the one that you are looking for. The aspiring actress was found dead in a vacant lot in Los Angeles, where she was mutilated. Up to this day, her death is Read the rest of this entry »
Here is a list of the top four highest paid actresses in Hollywood for 2011:
1. Sandra Bullock – After all the ups and downs that have happened in her life, she has nothing to be sad about because she is still the highest paid actress in Hollywood for 2011. She has an estimated net worth of 85,000,000, and she has earned 56 million just recently. “The Blind Side” and “The Proposal” are only two of her hit movies.
2. Reese Witherspoon – She Read the rest of this entry »
Despite the sluggish economy, Hollywood still rewards its top talent very well.
The highest paid actors in 2011 are:
1. Leonard DiCaprio. The star of 1997′s blockbuster Titanic still commands high fees, earning 77 million, thanks to Shutter Island and the mind blowing Inception. Come November, audiences will see him take on the role of J. Edgar Hoover in the Clint Eastwood directed biopic.
2. Johnny Depp. Another Pirates of the Caribbean film netted Tim Burton’s frequent star 50 million.
3. Adam Sandler. The former Saturday Night Live star earned 40 million, starring with Jennifer Aniston in Just Go With It.
4. Will Smith. This Read the rest of this entry »